This week, I had planned a three or four day photography session of the statue of Bacchus… the statue that is soon to be object of a special conservation project. The session included regular photography, documentary photography and videography as well as UV examination and photography. Basically, Bacchus got the treatment he did not receive last summer during our nights at the museum.
The statue was brought to the museum’s photo studio and we spent the whole day examining every surface and every break under ultraviolet and regular light. Below are some pictures I took with my BlackBerry (and one is courtesy of Corey and her iPhone–that would be the one of me on the ladder with Chris).
We were so efficient and everything went so smoothly that we were done by 3pm today! Bacchus was done in one day! All of us working on this project were rather pleased because it means we have the rest of the week to catch up on stuff. In my case, I’ll work on a conference presentation… and, if I can get that done quickly, get back to my revisions of an article slated for publication. I’m so glad we finished early!