Excavation Permit

While application procedures to obtain an excavation permit may vary from one country to another, archaeologists cannot commence work on site without prior approval from the antiquities department. The project you have developed needs to be approved by the Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA) if your plan to work in Egypt, or by the National Corporation for Antiquities and Museums (NCAM) for fieldwork in Sudan.

If your research project is approved, you will be granted a concession (an archaeological site or parts thereof) and the permission to work there. Make sure you read carefully what your permit entitles you to do. Failure to comply with guidelines might result in the cancellation/non-renewal of your license. The concession might be awarded to someone else who also wishes to work there…

After each season, you are required to submit a report to the antiquities department detailing the work you conducted on site.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.